Monday, September 1, 2014

Upcoming "Fresh Picks" return and what to expect

Fresh Picks was a segment I did in the GrimCast that I actually liked and I thought it'd be nice to give it alot more limelight. In the original segment I would pull a couple small games aside that I didn't have the time to just sit down and dissect (or weren't long/substantial enough to) but I liked playing them so I would give them a shoutout. In this upcoming revival of that segment as a standalone series I'm going to accomplish my goal of putting out the word on quality games while still giving my opinion.

In other words this is the fabled GrimCast revival.

Truth is reviewing games takes time, even the small ones. And hundreds of good indie titles are released every day and it's literally impossible to get to them all and review them objectively. And I prefer to catch them early and get the word out before they're buried under even more new releases, reviewing one, two, three, per week wouldn't be doing some justice because I'd miss them.

So how this will work:

Fresh picks will be uploaded on Saturdays and in the video I'll go over my top picks of that week for each of the video game genres, all indie, of course. I'm always open to a private request for a game to be looked at, but I'll mostly be checking the new releases on multiple sites. This makes sure the releases are fresh. 

And those that I've looked at and liked but didn't make it in the video will be still posted here in a blog post called The Other Picks as an honorable mention type. I'll be sure to include links to all the games in the video post as well as the blog post.



No comments:

Post a Comment